After being adopted by my beloved calico girl, Julie, I have become ever so aware of the presence of God's Holy Spirit in her little kitty heart. I am convinced that God's love reaches us through our animal friends just as much as (and sometimes more than!) from our fellow human beings.

That is why I wanted to start a brand-new thread to pick up on a theme that came up in the very touching series of posts about the death of Murph (see below). One person told us that there is a book called "Will I See Fido In Heaven?" that provides Scriptural references as proof of the immortality of our animal companions.

I clicked on the link for that book in that person's post and read with interest comments of praise for this book from a large number of Christians, including members of the clergy (even some famous ones like Robert Schuller). If you probe around on that website (creatures.com) further, you can get taken to the Amazon link for the "Fido" book, which discloses there are several other books out there with similar themes. I had no idea! I intend to go out and locate some of them.

My only addition to all of this is my observation that in the book of Genesis, when God notices that Adam is alone, God's first offer of companionship is the creation of the animals. Only then does God turn around and create another human, Eve, to keep Adam company. Interesting, huh??