Thread: A barrel racer's diary

Threaded View

A barrel racer's diary

All these days have passed and I have yet to meet my new barrel racing teacher. I hear that she teaches very well, and that she used to be a barrel racer. She is supposed to know a lot. The thing is, she won't understand that I have my own way of doing things. I don't slide my hand COMPLETELY down on the reins, I slightly slide my hand down, and CAREFULLY lean the reins against Freeway's ( my horse) neck. I don't always keep my heels down in the saddle because it is more comfortable sometimes when I don't have my heels pointed down. I just hope that she will understand that I do things my way, on my time. It may take me a year, it may take me a week. But I WILL do it. Just tell me how to do it and then leave and let me practice. Then when I want to show you I will call for you. I just hope that she understands that. I have a practice rodeo coming up, and I want to be ready... I will be ready if I am not pushed. This will be the first race that I do with my new barrel horse. I have gone to the rodeo arena and practiced... We are already pretty good. I just don't want someone coming in and changing everything that I do. I got to where I am right now by listening to myself and my horse. Not by listening to everyone else. This is just my first entry in A Barrel Racer's Diary. I will try to come everyday and post something about my life as a barrel racer. Anyone is welcome to put their thoughts in. I would be very happy to hear from you guys.

( Below is a picture of my barrel horse and I going around the 2nd barrel in the cloverleaf pattern)
    Attached Images Attached Images