I`ve not been feeling too good for a few days now, so, on waking and still feeling awful, I thought I would not even dress or anything, just try and sleep and rest the day away.

I fed Ebbs, cleaned out the litter tray, let Bob out and gave him some breakfast (plus most of mine actually, I couldn`t face it). Bob went in his crate and I latched it up because Ebbs would be down, which she was soon after, and she sat looking out the window.

Decided not to go back to bed but brought a pillow down and set up my (small) sofa to sleep on. As soon as I lay down Ebbs disappeared upstairs (on to my bed I discovered later) not to be seen all day. And Bob, well, he was shut in his crate. Later I went for a glass of water and, feeling sorry that I`d left him so long, opened it up. What did he do? When I lay down again he proceeded to harass me, dropping toys on me, pawing at me and licking my toes. He just didn`t get it that I just wanted to be left alone and sleep. I had to use a really stern voice and, yes, some choice swear words, before he got the idea ...... then of course I felt guilty.

So, unlike a lot of PT pets - Anna`s Marigold and Malone come to mind - not only are my two not a comfort, I don`t think they even notice!

Oh, well, I love them anyway.