Thread: Lizette Got Out & Is Gone . . .

Threaded View

Lizette Got Out & Is Gone . . .

I hope that some of you may be inclined to say a prayer for my sweet little Lizette.

She was a TNR (trap/neuter/release) that chose to stick around. She showed up every evening for her dinner. To make a long story short, quite some time ago she didn't come around for a few days and we found her across the road with an injured leg, but she would not let us get to her. I told my friend about this and she prayed to St. Francis for her safe return. Amazingly, Lizette CAME BACK THAT VERY NIGHT and I immediately brought her inside, then took her to the vet. Her leg was broken so it was splinted (second picture) for several weeks. It looked like she had a big, yellow banana on her leg! She was FeLV negative, so after the splint was removed I introduced her into the feline household, and she has been indoors ever since. She is not in my avatar because I had not gotten around to revising it, but here are some pictures of her.

Sadly, my dear friend succumbed to cancer shortly after Lizette's ordeal. In her honor I ordered a St. Francis pet tag medal that Lizzy is wearing on her new Tiger print collar right now . . . wherever she is. Without my friend's prayers, I just hope maybe the medal will bring her home safely once again. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I know I am distraught because I forgot to use my pink writing, and I don't know how to put it in after the text is written . . . so what; who cares! I just want my Lizette back home safe and sound. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by AvaJoy; 11-23-2003 at 08:00 PM.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs