Joey and I always talked about marraige and considered ourselves engaged even though we never did the whole official proposal and ring thing...his deployment sort of put a kink in those plans.

Well, Friday night he proposed. I kind of knew what he was doing when he suggested a nice night out all dressed up....but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. After a nice dinner, he took me to the lakefront to the same spot we shared our first kiss and proposed.

I was shocked when I saw the ring. Even though I've been telling him that I wanted a round cut diamond in an antique setting, I had no idea what he'd pick out...because he was adamant about picking it out himself. I was so expecting white gold, but he got platinum. Guess it helps that his step-mother works for one our local jewelry stores and helped him with the ring selection. I hate to have the typical girlie reaction, but ain't it purty?!?!

Those were the best pics I could get. A better digital camera would have helped. I'm still in that giddy excited mood. Anywho, just had to share!