Well, Keegan went to the drs today for a thyroid check.
And I noticed on Thursday she was itching and had scabs all over her chest and belly.
Well Dr. Brad noticed her belly right away b/c she rolled over when he walked in the door for a belly scratch. He said that her coat looks great but then I showed him on her back where all the hair that grew in had broken off, he said YIKES!!
And she gained 4 pounds. So off to the back she went for a blood test came back with shaved paw and a blue vet wrap.
I told him I was panicking b/c I thought she had fleas and he said no he didn't see any signs of fleas. Huge sigh of relief.
He said that her scabby belly was probably b/c of seasonal allergies. He gave her a shot of cortisone, gave me a perscription for Keflex, prednisone, and a new thyroid med that she is to get twice a day. He also told me to keep her on the food she is on, as it is the senior formula and reduced fat. Supplement her with green beans and pumpkin. I also give her frozen bil jac in her kong and with her pills, so I dug out an old set of measuring cups, and am using the cup measure in her dry food so I can have a more accurate measure of that. And the 1/4 c in her bil jac so I can keep an accurate measure of that too.
They ran another thyroid test and her levels are still low which probably determine the reason for her weight gain instead of loss, and the breaking of the hair.
And throwing in a years supply of Heartgard made for a sizable chunk on the Mastercard!!

Good thing I love her so much, b/c I told her that she was becoming an expensive past time!!!!