Thread: HELP!!! Is this normal behavior???

Threaded View

HELP!!! Is this normal behavior???

Just witnessed something that scares me:

Luna was resting on her pillow when the Lily girl literally flew around her neck. Then they wrestled a bit and it ended with Lily lying on her back and Luna above her. Luna started licking the baby, and till that point, everything looked quite peaceful and nice.

Then Lily started pawing into Luna's face, it more looked like she wanted to keep her face away from her with outstreched arms, but she used her claws. Next thing was that Luna started biting Lily, into her legs and even into her belly, and Lily made some squeaking sounds, so it WAS probably painful. They wresled for a while, but Luna always had the upper part. She had her eyes closed while Lily's paws where in her face, and when she was able to get rid of Lily's claws, she bit her again. Eventually, Lily escaped from that situation, but now they chase each other. BTW, none of them has growled or hissed while doing that.

However, the entire thing did not look like fun to me. I'm a bit concerned because it was looking like they're becoming good friends, and now this!

Do you think I have to worry to leave them alone now and that they now start to hate each other, or was it just a disagreement between friends?

What can the multicat household experts say about this?

Kirsten

Edited to say: Now, not even ten minutes later, they're eating together from Luna's bowl, and Luna doesn't seem to mind sharing her food with the baby. I'm confused...
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-26-2003 at 01:54 PM.