My husband Russell & I debated this for 6 months when Sadie was so sick. We decided that as long as she had quality of life, then the time had not come. Some of our well-meaning friends (politely and delicately) suggested from time to time, that maybe we should put her down. Yet we knew she wasn't ready. People might not understand, but that didn't matter... the only thing that did matter was our girl.

But Sadie for all her troubles was happy! Sure, she got frustrated at times, but she was happy. Especially when she was right by Russell's side... He was her Man... I'm surprised she tolerated my presence at times!!!

She was a beautiful and sweet and SILLY girl. Then she became critically ill... and went to the Bridge on her own... I think that was her last gift to us... she spared us from having to make that decision.

In years' past, we've had other pets.... and someone said, "Your Pet will let you know"... and in my heart of hearts, I believe that to be true.

The most important thing to remember is... make the most of each and every minute. Stay in today... enjoy today.... love your dog today.... Tomorrow will take care of it self!

Elizabeth, you're in my thoughts and prayers.... Hang in there.... treasure these days...

Annie

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Annie Milliron ]