Well, I was driving by this place called Core Electric on my way to the animal shelter. They had a sign outside for a receptionist. I immediately made a U-turn and went in (in jeans and a teeshirt) with my resume and asked to apply for the job.

I apologized for the way I was dressed and explained where I was going. The woman laughed and said no problem.

Well, I had my interview on Wednesday with the owner's wife who also happens to work there (she's also an R.N.). Very nice woman. The interview went very well and I had a great feeling about it. The place is only a mile from my house!!!

She told me she had at least 4 other women to interview and would call me on Monday. If I didn't hear from her, she told me to call her. The very next day, I wrote a thank you note (a little etiquette I learned from employment agencies) and hand delivered it. I called on Monday and she told me she had 2 more people to intervew, but I was in the top running. She promised me she'd call me that night one way or the other.

When I got home, there was a message to call her. She said she was offering me the job, that she was very impressed with my qualifications and asked me if I could start on Monday. I told her that my daughter was visiting from CT and her plane leaves on Monday at 1 p.m. but I would be willing to come in and have someone else drive her to the airport. Mrs. Goodman told me "Ya know what, enjoy your last day with your daughter, and I'll see you bright and early Tuesday morning!"

WOOHOO!!!!!! Finally, I'm gainfully employed. I still have heard NOTHING from the Michigan Humane Society. Their loss!!!