Thread: Horse Trivia

Threaded View

Originally posted by Luka-pop

Thanks Vermontcat! No, I've never been to the UVM Morgan Farm, but I wish I could. Where/when is it? Actually, one of the stallions, Who's Yer Protege, was recently gelded. BTW, do you ride saddleseat? Just asking cuz parking out is a saddleseat thing, ya know~
    It took me a while to find the link because they moved their website, here it is
    http://www.uvm.edu/morgan/
    You can also go to the American Morgan Horse Associations website and find many Morgan links at www.morganhorse.com
    The UVM Farm and horses are beautiful. They are in Weybridge, Vt near Middlebury. Every summer they have an open house, this year it is on Wed. August 13th. You should go if you have a chance, it is free that day and they have many Morgan demonstrations to show how versatile the breed is. I didn't go last summer because it was like 100 degrees that day but I did go the year before and I hope to go again this year!
    Luka, I don't ride Saddleseat, mostly English and I used to do hunter/jumper, now more pleasure riding and Western trail riding. I have seen plenty of the Saddleseat at local Morgan shows though. I ride my friend's Morgan horse who it seems just naturally will Park when I stop to talk to her while on him or when I am getting on or off of him.
    Ok, I gotta work on answering some of these questions, I will be back later.
    Last edited by Vermontcat; 04-03-2003 at 01:40 PM.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy