Today our VERY old boy went to the RB. He was almost 20 years old. He lived with my mom and dad, but I had him since I was 2 years old. The past few days my mom noticed that he was restless, wasn't sleeping, and was crying all the time. Also, he wasn't eating or drinking, but he was pooping on the floor and peeing (in the litter) a LOT with no fluids going in. This morning he sneezed blood and couldn't breath very well. He had no immune system left, and caught colds all the time, but lately, he would just throw up the antibiotics and it wasn't helping him. So, my mom and I made the decision that it was time for him to end his suffering.

Krinkles got his name because, as a kitten, he had krinkled up whiskers. My mom said it looked like someone had used one of those hair crimpers on them. I never noticed, but then I was only 2 and didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. He was a tabby/siamese cross, and his yowling certainly proved his siamese heritage! He LOVED attention, and I was able to put him in doll clothes, carry him in a baby buggy, make him dance, hold him upside-down - and he would just purr and lap up all the attention. He was a real lover-boy.

The last time I saw him was at Christmas, and I felt in my heart that his time was almost up. He looked tired and was really skinny. My dad said that today, when he took him to be PTS, he was only about 4lbs. He should have been at least 8.5lbs - he used to be a big, strong muscular cat. I thank god that I have some pictures of him - unfortunatly they are still on the role. But I will let you see them as soon as they are published!

As some of you know, my grandma passed away a year ago this past November. Today would have been her 85th birthday. Now, Krinkles and her can celebrate together and eat lots of cheezies and Doritos, a favourite for them both.

So rest in peace and comfort, Kinky-Stinky. Tell Nanny I say hi and happy birthday, and please, please, please party it up at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Krinkles: July 12, 1983 - January 27, 2003