Dearest Dexter, you are darling indeed! What a gorgeous Black Cat gentleman you are, with that fluffy ebony fur that is so pretty and looks so soft, and that sweet face with those lovely big golden-green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! They're beautifully composed, and with such a stunning model, how could they not be! They show off your physical and spiritual beauty so well. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Petaluma, CA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Momma will pet you for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! Your dear Momma adopted you from a local shelter after her previous cat passed away. With her fondness for black cats, she noticed you right away. She was told you'd been at the shelter for over a year, after being in another shelter that had too many cats. So the shelter people were very happy to find you a new home, and so were your new Momma and you! (I'm so glad that was a no-kill shelter that kept you for all that time, and my deepest thanks to them!)

When you arrived at your new Purrrmanent Purrrfect home, you just sat there at first with this "okay now what happens?" look. It took you a few weeks for you and Momma to get to know each other. Over time you two have become amazing, wonderful companions. You both are so happy you found each other! Your favorite things are being up high, playing with water, admiring the gas furnace, and spending time on Momma's lap. You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Dexter, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Momma and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.