Leon (originally named 'Silver') was adopted in October 2020 from New Fairfield Sherman Animal Welfare in New Fairfield, Connecticut. I named him after "Ponce De Leon" the Spanish explorer who landed in Florida because 1) Leon was originally rescued by a rescue organization in Florida and was transported to Connecticut for adoption and 2) he loves to explore everything-every bag, every drawer, every cabinet, every closet -- and he especially loves high places.

However, even though his official name is Leon, we call him Fitty - as in Fitty (Fifty) Shades of Grey. He is also known as 'Fitty Monster' because he can be quite the troublemaker. He is handsome, athletic, crazy, and affectionate. He is also very photogenic as you can see. He just wants to be loved … nd we love him very much!
Hello, beautiful blue-grey kitty Leon! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous gentleman you are! I like your sweet face and your soft, plush fur! You just want to be loved and I would be very glad to pet you for as long as you wish!

I smiled as I read about how you were rescued in Florida, and then moved to Connecticut for adoption. You are a dedicated explorer, checking out drawers, cabinets and closets! You are handsome, athletic, crazy and affectionate! You are an especially persistent explorer of high places, oh my goodness! Best of all, you are a greatly loved kitty! PURRRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of hte Day to gorgeous "Fitty" Ponce de Leon!