Dear Hurricane, what an utterly adorable young American Shorthair Tabby you are! You're so sweet and precious, only eight months old. Your fur is a Purrrfect grey-brown-black design with white trim, and you have the sweetest face with that cute pink nose and those perky ears and lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing these great photos with us! They show you in so many different poses, all so comfortable and content, so happy! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Pennsylvania to pet you, and over to ..the Rainbow Bridge to pet your dear Angel-kitty friend Eli too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you and the other Angels are petting Eli at the Bridge .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson had just lost her/his beloved cat Eli last month and was very sad, missing him so very much. She/he looked on Petfinder and found some kittens at the nearby animal hospital, inquired about you, met you a week later and fell in love. You adopted each other, and you came Home! You were a little shy at first, understandably, but you'd come out at night and sleep on or by your Purrrson. Now you're much less shy and no longer hide, and you're made him/her much less sad. You never fully replace Eli, but you are filling her/him up with your own Purrrsonality. You're full of energy and make her smile with your antics such as playing with your jingle ball or with your ball with feathers on a string. You're very special to her, and you both love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Hurricane, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats and games, perhaps a special round with the ball and feathers on a string! We know that Eli Angel and all the Angels are rejoicing with you at the Bridge.