I said goodbye to Carson the cat this morning. He lost the battle with lung cancer. Things can change so quickly. In February, he was fine. The only change was he didn't play as much with his toys but I chalked it up to getting older. By mid March he was lethargic and not eating normally. X-rays showed a tumor on his lung. I tried holistic supplements but it was too late. Carson hated the supplements and it was a chore getting him to take the powder mixed in a small bit of canned food. Sorry Carson; I know you hated it but I was trying to help! Note to everyone: If your cat or dog occasionally coughs, get an ultrasound. Carson would occasionally cough but the vet wasn't overly concerned. Perhaps an ultrasound years ago could have detected a problem. Carson was a feisty kitten brought to Animal Care and Control. He was banned from offsite events because he swatted at hands and hissed in the kennel. Carson just HATED being in a kennel - as a kitten and an adult. Outside of kennel he was a sweet boy. I took over fostering Carson from a volunteer and the rest is history. He became one of the gang with big brother Poppy and little sis Shannon. Be healthy and handsome and happy over the Bridge dear Carson. You and Poppy can resume your wrestling matches. Say hello to my other furry friends who have gone on before. Eleven years you were with me and I will remember those times fondly. I love you always.