Dearest Pete, a.k.a. Pizza Mediterranean Kittanunu, you are absolutely gorgeous! Your Grey Tabby mix fur is so pretty, and what an amazingly long tail you have! You have the sweetest face, too, with that white mustache and chin and those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You look so relaxed and comfy in all of them! In that one with you showing your tummy, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Glen Rock, NJ to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will rub your tummy (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrsons adopted you from a shelter, and we give thanks to them for doing so. What an outstanding example of the terrific pets to be found in shelters you are! You have the most delightful Purrrsonality. You are very smart and have learned to sit, speak, and rub a leg on command (for a cat treat, of course!). When your name is called, you respond with a chirp. You have one peculiar habit: you like company when you go to the litter box. You will follow a human into the bathroom when he or she is about to use the "people litter box." You like to play with fuzzy ponytail holders.. PLEASE don't play with plastic bags! You could swallow one or get caught in the handle and not be able to cough it up or get out, which could lead to a serious medical emergency.

A truly amazing story: At six months of age you were diagnosed with FIP and given less than three months to live, but your dear Purrrsons didn't give up. With a lifetime regimen of Prednisone and vitamins, you are still going strong at eight years! Bless them for their great care and dedication, and bless you for keeping going. May you all be strong and together for a long time yet! You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Pete, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.