Dearest Mr. Eko, what a gorgeous kitty you are, a very handsome fellow! Your black fur with touches of white is so sleek and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for posting those great photos, which show you minding your bookstore so well. You are PURRRFECT in every one of them, a fine representative of Dark Star Books! I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Yellow Springs, OH to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You live at Dark Star Books, where you grew up. You are very mellow and love to be with your customers. Many people come in just to visit you! You are very calm and love the attention (except from the tiniest ones when they start to cry). You enjoy playing with your peacock feather and, even better, with dangling things from visitors' coats and purses. Sometimes you like to strike from behind the bookshelves. You spend much of the day sleeping in empty boxes or on piles of books, and then nights you look out the front door at all the life going by. You play nosies with dogs and cats that come to the door. You and your dear Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled, and book-filled, home you share!

Congratulations, darling Mr. Eko, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.