In years past, I was a regular here on Cat of the Day. I posted almost everyday, although I don't believe I ever submitted a "Cat of the Day" photo, in part because I am a professional photographer and it didn't feel quite right for me to do so. I did lead people to my blog of the time, which had many a cat photo and story in it - sometimes including cats of COTD regulars who I managed to meet, including Sandy Frost, who I see is still a regular here.

I recently published my new cat book, "Thunder Paws!" on Amazon, both as a paperback and ebook.

It is a different kind of cat book, nine years in the life of one family, centered around the great cat, Thunder Paws.

It is happy, it is sad, joyous, punctuated by grief.

It takes place almost entirely in my Wasilla, Alaska, home and yard.

Other cats make appearances, as do two dogs, a butterfly, a moose, and every member of this family, plus a vet and a couple of friends. Thunder Paws! is my second cat book. I will tell you about the other as Christmas nears. I am also the photographer and author of "Gift of the Whale" and the creator, photographer, writer and sole staff of Uiņiq, a magazine dedicated to covering the way of life of the Iņupiat living in the eight villages of Alaska's Utah-sized North Slope Borough - the Arctic.

If the picture I think I uploaded but do not see appears, it is of my oldest grandchild, Kalib, looking at "Thunder Paws!" from the Hon-Dah, Arizona, porch of his great Aunt LeeAnn, who in the Apache way is his grandmother right alongside my wife.

You can find "Thunder Paws!" here:

https://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Paws-...s=Thunder+Paws