Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
I have not kept up with all the news, so lets just start with thoughts and prayers for you, Pat.

I am assuming you rent and are allowed only 2 cats in your lease??

This "solution" I am about to suggest is not for everyone. But I did this back when I had a cat sick with intestinal cancer and a bad case of runny diarrhea... I covered the carpet with a plastic painting tarp. Using the furniture to hold it in place. And I also did a wall to wall installation of the tarps in 2 rooms. I also use the clear plastic runners with the tiny nubs on the underside, in front of & under litter boxes. Throw carpets or area rugs can also be used to keep the wear down on the carpeting.

I was lucking in the fact that I did not need to cover the living room carpet, and all the accidents kept happening in the upstairs bedrooms. But I do use the clear runners in the LV and kitchen. But maybe you could find a nice large area rug for your largest room just to keep the most traveled areas cleaner.

What ever happens, I wish you the best.
Thanks, Jen... You're right there. Great idea about covering the carpet with plastic painting tarp. I got a couple of big plastic sheets and a few carpet squares to put down. I hope to avoid future little accidental problems.. and anything that does, say, leak out, to catch right away and clean up right away.

And thanks for the good wishes, too!