Background info:
I have a beautiful 3 year old black and white kitty named Kit Kat (like the candy) and I'm worried about her. I've had her since she was six weeks and we started off living in a spacious two bedroom apartment, but for the last 1.5years we've been in a studio. This has tremedously cut down on her roaming space and I worry that it's depressing her. On top of that I use to work from home, but now I'm back in the office, so she spends a lot of her time alone.

Problem:
A couple months ago I noticed that some of her poop would end up on the floor beside the liter box. I assumed it was just bad aiming, until tonight when my boyfriend came home to find poop on our bed. Could she be "acting out" because she's depressed or could something else be going on?

I have to go out of town in two days for a week and I'm worried that if she is sick, it will get really bad before I return. My boyfriend will be there to monitor her, but I could really use some help on how to help her with depression and this growing problem.