Up front - you don't have to read this, or respond, I just need to vent.

As some of you know, I have a friend and her 17 year old daughter (my Goddaughter) staying with us. They were in a situation, needed help, I offered. They came in mid-November and will be here until the end of January.

My husband and I have lived without other humans in the house (except for occasional visitors) for a LONG time. Pinot has lived with us now for 3 1/2 years and has her own routine as well. We're all a little set in our ways.

Pinot's bed stays in a specific spot on the couch. Well, my Goddaughter and her Mom are stuck to each other like glue, and that spot is next to where the Mom sits, so the bed moves and the daughter sits there. I don't watch sci-fi; I evidently do now. My fridge and pantry are STUFFED with crap and I can't find anything. Mom smokes (no, not in the house); she smokes outside, puts the cigarette out, sticks it in her coat pocket until she gets to the trash can (in the garage). The coat REEKS. I have moved all our coats out of the front hall closet because of the smell. We have a substantially sized house. I can't get any private time (or hubby and I can't) unless we leave the house.

This is just a partial list. You don't need the rest. I just want my peaceful Saturday morning back at the moment... I know...I offered...

Thanks for listening. How many more weeks??