Happy Holidays, everyone!

Thanks to everyone who sent me a card. Sorry I didn't get a chance to send any cards at all, this year.

By the way, John's typing this for me...

Still blind as a bat..Can't drive, can't read, can't go out by myself, and can't go out at night at all. Got glasses for the left eye, which makes things bolder but doesn't help much. Fluid is building up at the back of both my eyes, so I hope it doesn't mean more surgery.

Excruciating pain is constant in my back and all down both legs. I have slipped disks above where the previous operation occurred, and the nerve canal is completely closed.. Can barely walk; can't
sleep; can't sit and I'm constantly on pain killers which don't help much. Next (High-risk, experimental) surgery is on Jan. 10th. Wonder whether I can make it to then. May be in hospital and rehab for a while. A childhood friend, who is like my sister, is coming down from Toronto to stay with me for a month, since I'll need 24-hour care.

John came back from California for two weeks, but will be leaving before the surgery. He can't stay because he got a job there he has to get back to. I didn't realize how much I missed him. He takes such good care of me! He'll always be my Honey. (John blushes!)

Mz Logan is great. Always by my side. She's healthy and happy, tho she has developed a spare tire while I wasn't looking (my bad).

Ask the mayor for my number and call me any time. My phone ran out of power yesterday, so I missed a call.

I love and miss everybody!

Here's to better days ahead!

Love, Karen