Hubby and I have an on-going debate about cell phone messages. He constantly leaves messages that say, "Its me, give me a call" or "call me when you get this"

I tell him wastes my time because I see I missed his call. I also see he left a message. So I go through the process of checking my voice mail, and find a message that says its him (I already knew that!) I simply hang up when I get his VM and wait for his phone to tell him he missed a call. He calls me when he sees he missed my call.

Now, I DO leave a message when its important. Like, "I'm caught on the side of the road with a flat!" If I never leave messages, he should pay attention if I actually left one.

Sooo...... how do you deal with voice mail? Hang up and wait for someone to see they missed a call?

PS: This whole debate pertains to people you talk to daily. I leave messages for my mom because she isn't technically saavy enough to look at the missed calls list (She couldn't figure out voice mail for almost a year). I leave messages for friends I talk to once in a while. I leave messages for coworkers. I just refuse to leave a message for hubby!