I heard about this on news radio last night and it made me sick. Two teen girls age 14 and 18 assaulted a 22 year old customer at a McDonald's in the Baltimore area. The 22 year old is transgender and was apparently beaten for using the ladies' washroom. The reporter said the teen girls were warned off first by a restaurant manager and then by a lady customer, but both times they came back. A McDonald's employee recorded the whole incident on his smart phone. The victim started convulsing and that's when the two teens finally gave it up.

My questions are: Why didn't the McDonald's employee use his cell phone to call 911? Weren't there any other employees who could have intervened on the victim's behalf? What about other customers? The news radio station (WGN, Chicago) said McDonald's has a corporate policy of not getting involved in such situations. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. They're defining it as a hate crime. What's happening to people nowadays?

I bet the actions of bystanders might have been very different had it been two men doing the assaulting and a FTM victim.

Here's a link but it contains the actual video, which is pretty graphic.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ells_news.html