I saw this old TV cabinet sitting out by someones trash with a 'free' sign on it. I immediately saw a new birdcage....my husband on the otherhand saw only more trash, lol!

I went back and got it anyway and brought it home. This is what I started with. See the potential????

It only took a couple of hours to paint it ....but the plexiglass front took a couple of days. It's two pieces. It connects in the middle and the top half lifts up and the bottom lays down. Although it looks neat....it's not the best design for cleaning and the birds can escape when opened....

Word of warning with this pic! As you can see I put pellets that they use in pet store cages in there and the fumes made them sick. I contacted the store and the company about it and they were not concerned. So, never put cage pellets in with birds no matter safe they claim it is!!!!

As a result, Summer my little white beauty died. She was 12 years old.

Spring survived (probably because she's a mean little bird) and I've never put anything but paper in since. She's alone now as I feel and younger bird would probably pick on this old girl to death. She's 14 now. I just got her a little singing/tweeting stuffed bird motion activated and it was freaking her out too much! It's now a cat toy, lol!