Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
I have a friend who mentions this show quite often an i was considering watching it until i read the posts about people fiddling with their hair an etc while cooking.

ugh. no thank you. makes me nauseous just reading it. i dont see how a cooking show can be taken seriously when the so called chefs do that.
Most of the cheftestants on Top Chef don't do that, I promise.

Now, on Hell's Kitchen - that's another story, lots of unsanitary, and unprofessional behavior of all sorts, but I haven't watched a single episode this season, it's just too predictable and frankly boring.

Richard, I am looking forward to watching the Top Chef All Stars - there are some "not winners" that I genuinely like, and will root for. Carla, in particular, has always reminded me of a smarter sibling to Big Bird from Sesame Street, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles a second season.

Also, Richard, I have been rooting for Ming Tsai all along. I have eaten at the "Blue Ginger" restaurant whose you see on his jacket, and they take food allergies quite seriously. They took my list and asked if they could keep it to enter it their computer under my name for future visits, and created an entree and salad for me that was not on the menu at all, but entirely Karen-safe and scrumptious. Paul and his mother, who were with me, did order from the menu and enjoyed their food, too. The man has my respect, and I have seen nothing on the show to diminish that. He's not the flashiest or loudest, but may be the most experienced and most capable.