My mother and sister were in town a couple of months ago so my boyfriend and I thought it would be nice to take them to breakfast.
As we were driving down one of the local main thoroughfares lo and behold a cat is thrown out of the door of an abandoned building.
The poor little thing ended up tumbling into the street.

My lovely boyfriend pulled the car over and jumped out as did I. A gentleman who was walking by saw the same thing. I told them both I saw the little kitten crawl under the car in front of us. My boyfriend, not caring about his own personal safety, got on his hands and knees while the other gentleman did the same. The kitten had crawled up in the wheel well.

The driver of a passing car put on their hazards after I told them what happened stopping traffic for a moment so we could the kitten out. After a few minutes the guys had the little baby.

he gentlemen took the kitten home (he lived close by) but he got our phone number because he had two older cats and was worried they wouldn't accept a kitten.

Sure enough about a week later he called and asked if we wanted the kitten of course we did.

Proton has been with us ever since (almost four months now).