Thread: Claudia Has a Vet Appt. Tonight

Threaded View

Claudia Has a Vet Appt. Tonight

Claudia will be turning 8 years old this month. I can't believe she will be 8. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. She was so tiny and skinny and sick. I adopted her from the PSPCA and the vet that checked her told me she was going to write a letter about her because she shouldn't of left the shelter like this but I'm glad I got her because back then they probably would of put her to sleep. Anyway, in June I took Claudia to the vets because she had an URI, and I mentioned to the vet about her chin and asked if she had feline acne. As it turns out she did. The vet recommended that I go purchase stridex wipes and clean it twice a day or even just once a day. We did that, and her chin ended up looking worse. I called the vets because she developed some sores under her chin and the vet said to put some neosporin under her chin twice a day.

Miss Claudia decided she wanted to hide from us and didn't want us touching her. So I had to brib her out and then she'd go and hide. I was gone for a week in July and my husband tried to give her the neosporin but she doesn't like to cooperate very well. When I got back her chin looked worse it seemed. So I tried very hard to do the neosporin again twice a day and it seemed to improve.

But now it's bad again, she has two bumps under her chin and I think her glands are now inflammed and I was worried about her lower gum becoming infected as well.

I was hoping that it would get better and we recently switched their food about 4 weeks ago because almost all of our cats were getting acne which we watch our cats and they clean themselves and we figured out that it was the food we were feeding them. The food would leave a grease film over the bowls and it probably got stuck under their chins. They like the new food better it seems.

If you could just saw a quick little pray that the vet will be able to treat her and I hope it's nothing too serious. I feel terrible that I should have taken her in sooner but I was just hoping that we would be able to help her out.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Jan 2010 (18).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	45794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan 2010 (23).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	45795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 21 2010 (1).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	846.8 KB 
ID:	45796