Looking at the calendar and it is hard to believe that the 4th of July is almost upon us. Summer is going at a breathtaking speed it seems.
Time for fireworks, picnics, carnival rides and games, trips to the beach.
Most of the time we go to Bay Village to see fireworks. We also go to Huntington Beach often that is where Mr. Dinks my grandson is on the first picture I posted.
Does anyone remember the murder of Marilyn Sheppard supposedly by her husband Sam Sheppard? It was turned into a series called The Fugitive? The murder happened on July 4th 1954 in Bay Village, the house the murder was committed in was torn down about 10 -12 years ago and a new house was put in it’s place. I always think of Marilyn on July 4th.

I passed the house so many times without knowing it was the Sheppard house, not until it was torn down and I knew someone who worked in the new house did I know the location.
Funny how a city can be known for something that happened so long ago.
And then there is the unsolved murder of Amy Mihaljevic.

Safe, secure, very upscale Bay Village does not seem so safe after all. It truly is a lovely place full of interesting homes and some really great architeture. Because it borders on Lake Erie many of the homes have great lake views and private beaches. There is such a wide varity of houses built into odd shaped lots designed to capture the best view of the lake.
The Sheppards had a home right on the beach as well..