I've been thinking for awhile about doing some pet sitting during the summer holidays. I've always wanted to do it but, I've always been too busy with my own zoo. Now my numbers are down and I'm hoping to make some money this summer and get some more experience with animals.

I've been thinking and I would only open up services to small animals. I thought about dogs and cats but I cannot bring them to my own home and I doubt many people would trust a 17 year old in their house. So small animals such as hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, etc.

I've been trying to work this out though so I have some questions for you guys, if you don't mind answering:

1. How much would you expect to pay? I was thinking $5 a day but maybe that's too much. (I know there's a country difference but answer anyways, please!)

2. Would you expect a sitter to supply shavings/bedding?

3. Do you think it's better that I offer that the animal is kept at my house or do pet sitters usually go to peoples houses?

4. Do think most people would be offended if I asked that I see the animal prior to bringing it to my house (if they go to my house) to ensure that they are healthy? I know that you can't tell health on looks alone but it's some sort of precaution.

5. Is there anything in particular that you would expect from a pet sitter besides feeding, cleaning and handling? What would you look for in a pet sitter?

Thank you so much if you took the time to read this and thanks in advance to any answers.