Thread: Nascar 2010

Threaded View

aTailOf2Kitties
    If I missed the race and somebody told me Jamie won, I'd punch them in the mouth and call them a damn liar. McMurray? Whodathunkit? Somebody needs to pull his Man Card for crying on TV though. But, it's not like he had a firm grip on that card to begin with
    I will admit that I'm among those men, and there are many, that cry during an emotional time. As young boys we are conditioned to repress our emotion because it's not manly. When I was very young my father would spank me and with every swat, I would hear "Hush" because I was crying. I never understood why he was saying hush, until in his latter days admitted he had always been emotional and would cry during emotional times. He did not want me to be a crier like he was. In spite of all the conditioning I find I tear up at emotional times. I would probable blubber like McMurray if I won Daytona. I have known men that pride themselves for never crying. I really feel sorry for them because they are so repressed they also have a hard time being intimate. I find the older I get the more I realize that it is not unmanly to cry.

In the same vain I was always taught men do not embrace (hug) when greeting or saying good bye, they only shake hands. I ran away from home at 17 because of a conflict with my father, who never showed any emotion toward me. When we reconciled when I was 22 I hugged him and continued that practice until his death when I was 42. I taught my son that embracing another man is not unmanly. In my old age I realize those emotions that were repressed did more damage than good.
    Last edited by kokopup; 02-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown