yikes.

We've been having some plumbing issues... well pretty much since we bought this God forsaken house lol. The ongoing issue has been under the sink. We had to replace the garbage disposal and the one we got was apparently a piece of JUNK. It sounded like a lawn mower and would shake and bounce so badly I thought it was going to just take off one day. You'd swear we were trying to put rocks in the disposal.

Because of this the PVC pipes would continuously break and everything in the disposal would leak out all over the place. We've replaced pieces, puttied the CARP out of it... everything but it just couldn't hold up. plus I think that is the original piping but this has obviously been an ongoing issue in this house even before we moved in becasue under the sink the wood was completely warped.

We "fixed" it SO many times and it just kept breaking. the final straw was the last time it broke. there was water EVERYWHERE (not to mention the water also had coffee grinds and junk in it BLECH) and after we cleaned it up Brian went downstairs to start a load of laundry.

Thank GOD he noticed before he flipped on the light... the light fixture was FULL of water from the leak upstairs. so that was it. we were calling in a plumber

He came today... $900 dollars later we are at least leak free :O He tore out everything under the sink. Basically we just rebuilt under the sink.

We got a top of the line garbage disposal... this thing doesn't move a millimeter when you run it and is whisper quiet, all new brass piping and replaced the basket in the sink too because it was starting to rust and rot. and a 6 year warranty on the disposal.

If there is something funny about this whole ordeal... it was Hannah lol. I guess part of the $900 should have gone to baby sitting services lol. She just wanted to be around this guy the whole time, chatting to him and stuff. She even brought out all her coloring stuff and and set it down beside him and sat down and started coloring. I made sure she wasn't in his way or anything but it was pretty funny. and everytime he'd come in and out of the house she'd say HI... BYE... HI ... BYE. and God bless him he definitely humored her lol. I'd tell her to come out to the living room and stop bothering him but he just said "Oh it's OK... she's not bothering me" lol it was funny.

But... at least we finally don't have to worry about it anymore and it's FIXED. this has been going on for US for over a year so it's nice to have it done especially once we found it was leaking into the lights downstairs :O