Thread: Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Threaded View

Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Hi All-

I found this ad on craigslist yesterday about:

Lost kitten, missing since midnight Tuesday Jan 5th. He is a light orange tabby with white patches on his face and neck. Answers to the name of Butters. If found please call. Reward offered

Just so happens they listed where they live and it happens to be in my apartment complex.

I needed to borrow a trap from someone anyway to get the cat I've been trying to get for a while now. I got the trap and called the lady to ask if she'd like me to set up a trap to try to get her kitten she said sure.

Last night I didn't get time to do it but this morning I figured since I was up around 6 a.m. I'd take a stroll around our apartment complex and see if I spotted this little orange and white kitten.

So I was walking down the side walk with a flashlight looking for tiny prints in the snow, the kittens age is 4-5 months approx. I walked the side walk didn't see any tracks and happen to look in the snow in between cars and saw some prints. I thought first they could be a small dogs print but then I saw some smaller prints going from under one car to another car and to another.

I went to the end of the prints to the last car and looked around the car and didn't see any other prints leaving that car so I called out "Kitty Kitty" and heard a little meow.

I was so ecstatic! I just couldn't tell you how good it felt to hear that.

So I called the kitten "Butters" and heard it again and I got him to semi come to me and he was so scared you could just tell he wasn't sure where to go so he headed down these steps and I followed him and we got to the bottom and he didn't move and I picked him up and took him to the persons door.

They left a note on their door saying Lost Kitten so I knocked and waited while the kitten was shivering and I figured I'll just take it down to my place and call his mom.

No answer though. I left a message but she hasn't called me back yet but I'm sure she will soon. He is right now in our bathroom nice and warm and I'm sure he's loving it.

I hoping there is a good reason why she didn't answer my call this morning when I called her twice and knocked on her door, I'm thinking either she is out of town or works at night and can't answer her phone.

If this was my kitten out there I would been hunting for this kitten like mad and couldn't sleep if I knew my kitten was out there but that's just me.

I will take a picture before the kitten leaves our place. I would keep this little bugger but it's not mine and I already have too many vet bills.

I was so excited this morning when I got him and I just can't believe I did and I'm my luck is changing with the other female cat that I've been trying to trap.

Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 01-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.