Thread: I'm going crazy!

Threaded View

I'm going crazy!

It's a long story, but my best friend currently has no place to live so I offered to let her and her dog Stella stay with me. The condition was that she can only be here until May 18th because that is when Alexa is getting back into town with Payson.
    It's only been one day and this dog is already driving me insane! When I came home my friend was still at work so I took Stella out for a nice long walk to help tire her out. Later I decided that I wanted to go shopping, but I couldn't leave the house. I sat in my driveway for more than 5 minutes listening to her bark nonstop and attack my door. It sounded like Cujo was living in my house. I finally came back in because I don't want my neighbors to hate me. Thankfully I have explained the situation to them and they are all being very nice about the fact that I have a barking dog living with me for two weeks.
    I'm also not used to the random barking as Payson rarely barks. I like to leave the front door open and lock the security door so that air can circulate and my swamp cooler will work better. Now my house is warm because if I leave the door open Stella barks nonstop.
    I realize that she isn't going to be here long enough for me to train but is there anyway to get her to be quiet? If I tell her to stop barking that just riles her up and she barks even more.

edit: I added a picture of her. When she is not barking and just sitting quitely next to me she's a very nice doggie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 05-04-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: to attactch picture
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!