Thread: Snickers has calisi virus--here we go again!

Threaded View

Snickers has calisi virus--here we go again!

I thought she was doing better, she was, but now she has calisi virus-did I spell that right? she is sneezing, and both eyes are watery, clear discharge and is congested. I took her back to the vet yesterday, and the vet prescribed 2 kinds of meds, one is clavamax and the other is a gel form of L-lysine to boost her immune system. the vet asked me if she was eating, I said yes then of course last night and this morning she had to prove me wrong and didn't eat or even drink. so again I syringed liquid food into her mouth, then she hid under the bed and I could not get her to come out no matter what I tried, and I had to leave so I couldn't give her the meds!
    her eyes were better this morning though. I have had enough of sick cats.
    how much more is going to happen?

I tried bringing her into the bathroom and let the shower run with the hottest water for 10 minutes, it didn't help.

then I gave her water and she drank it, I was afraid the steam would dehydrate her. but that was the last time she drank water.

the vet said she hopes it's the mild form of the virus...yeah so do I!!

luckily, Leo is doing well, the vet called me yesterday and the biopsy came back -it's not cancer he has his one week follow up appt. tomorrow.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CALISI VIRUS? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I'm going to do a internet search now...
    Last edited by funny felines; 02-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.