I just got back from my first visit to Chicago (besides the just-driving-through moments) and I really could kiss the ground right now. I loved my visit, really, but I'd never live there. Definately not for me.

I'll never be afraid to drive in my town again after seeing the driving there. I was so afraid we'd hit a person at an intersection too. It's quite illegal where I live to stand in the middle of the road selling flowers or stolen newspapers.

I experienced my first pickpocket/purse theif. I was getting on the train and somebody stuck his hand in my purse (which is attached to me and is almost a part of me so I notice any little thing). I don't keep anything in that compartment because it would fall out too easily. My money was in my pocket. I don't have a credit card to my name. I don't even know why I had my purse with me. Its so small I didn't think to leave it in the hotel. Anyway, I needed to get on the train before the doors closed so I just pushed him out of my way and got on.

We parked next to a car with bullet holes in it when we went to lunch. Real bullet holes. I'm used to seeing the fake decal bullet holes. Never real ones.

But it was fun to go to the shedd aquarium and see all the big buildings. I'd go back for a visit. Next time I bring a gun. I don't know how some people do it. If you're from a big city, you've got nerve. I bow to you, but you can keep it all for yourself.