[QUOTE=Grace]I'm just wondering if one is feeding off the other right now. He has the weakness, then agitates about it, probably magnifying the symptoms. He's in a vicious circle.QUOTE]

That's exactly how it is. He did just now call me, though, and he does sound better. I asked him how he feels and if he thinks he's improving at all and he said "If I have to put a number on it, I'd say 5%". Yesterday, he wasn't able to lift himself up off the exam table; today he could. The dr. noticed the difference right away. Then, of course, another dr. came in and ran the same tests that the first dr. did. He ruled out multiple sclerosis and Lou Gehrig's disease and one other one that I'm hard pressed to remember right now. He's inclined to go along w/the first drs. diagonosis of acute myositis. My son said that part of his problem was that they took 15 vials of blood out of him yesterday and he didn't eat for another 10 1/2 hours. Then when his cell phone broke, that was it! They want him to visit the Muscular Dystrophy Clinic but he really doesn't have symptoms of that. The MDA clinic has really good diagnosticians and they treat muscle diseases other than MD and their services are free. He said that if he doesn't improve, he'll go. If he improves, he doesn't want to go. I'm not going to battle that w/him right now. His spirits improved and I'm going to let it be until Fri. when he has to go back in and be rechecked.

Forgot to mention that all of his blood work came back fine. No kidney problems, liver, heart, etc. His CPK is elevated but the dr. said that it isn't as high as some he's seen, so he's not concerned.