Thread: Nicholas McHenry Campbell 12/23/07

Threaded View

Unhappy Nicholas McHenry Campbell 12/23/07

I am in shock as I write this thread. Our Nicholas was put to sleep at 626pm last evening. He fought a good fight against liver disease that came on so suddenly on Dec. 8th. When his blood results came back, the liver enzymes were thru the roof!! The vets promptly started him on meds, scheduled an ultrasound and biopsy. Nicholas was taken on Thursday evening to a very good 24h emergency clinic, and received excellent care. He was loved by all who cared for him. Nicholas was on " pass" for Christmas, and was to return on Wednesday. However, that was not meant to be. He had projectile vomiting Sunday morning, and became weaker as the day progressed. He collapsed at the water bowl and could not get up. At that point, Barry and I made the very sad decision to let him go. I called the vet at the ER clinic and she agreed that it was right thing to do. Then the call was made to Animerge and we brought Nicholas there. And he was put to sleep, he went very peacefully.
    Nicholas came to live with us on 3/1/1997 at about 8 months. He was THE personality at the house, the " Ring Leader" as our vet called him. Nicholas and Barry were devoted to each other, and Nicholas would play ball with Barry for hours!! And when Barry did not drop his bags when he walked in the door when he came home from work, Nicholas(who we think has some Meezer in him)would let Barry know in VERY graphic language!!!
    This was Nicholas' favourite time of the year.He loved the Christmas Tree and was known to be found napping amongst the branches, or among the presents under the tree!! His buddy, Riley, is very sad right now...
    Sleep softly, our sweet and dear Nicholas...We will look for you among all the stars tonight...We will always love you.....
    Sandra & Barry
    THANK YOU FREEDOM FOR POSTING NICHOLAS' PHOTO(POST 12)
    Last edited by kb2yjx; 12-25-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: additional message
    Nine is Fine!!