Ok. So I have a dog who is approximately 3 1/2 years old now. His name is Hayden. He is mixed with so many breeds that we can't even begin to understand his lineage. Over the past few years he has been a wonderful dog. He was a little shakey at first, and had some seperation anxiety when we first got him, but has significantly improved. He was wonderful for a long time and then we got another dog. He had a bit of a back peddle for a while when she came on the scene (ie. Marking his bed and other things in the house). But has since returned to normal. I should also say that he came from the local SPCA and obviously was abused by a previous owner as he has always been frightened by a raised hand. He is also mildly blind in both eyes due to some corneal disfunction.

He really was the model of great behavior. We had him to the point where he was great when we left him by himself. He never destroyed anything. He rarely had accidents in the house. He was very well trained. He never got up at the counter to eat things. He never begs for food. All was great, up to about 4 months ago. Over the past 3-4 months its as if we have a completely different dog. Here is a list of the inappropriate behaviors he exhibits:

He gets up to the counter to pull off food and eat it.

He poops in our walk in closet everyday.(We take him outside and will leave him out there until we watch him poop. He will save some and come back inside and poop in the closet)

He has learned how to open the trashcan and thrice has opened it and removed its entire contents.

He has become antisocial. He will hide on the 2nd floor landing and will not come down and sit with us. He normally would be trying to crawl up in our laps.

All of these things are extremely abnormal for him. I don't really know how to deal with this new behavior. We've had to start recrating him because we can't trust him in the house out of the crate anymore. What is going on with him?