She sleeps a lot & recently I've been around when shes been sleeping (usually shes take naps or is up, when I'm home).. But I have noticed a few times that'll she cry loudly in her sleep & they are distress calls, as if shes being beaten!!! You know those horrid cries you see from dogs in crazy amounts of pain on Animal Cops? Ya, some of them are pretty scary cries.. Some are just wimpering or under her breath crying.. Its the loud crying thats worring me. We've been waking her up for those & holding her when she has them, as we're sure shes scared, as she scared us.

She has no to little reaction to fast moving hands, so I really don't think she was hit, or beaten...

I'm totally confused...

I know dogs run, grawl, grind their teeth & go through REM.. I've seen it all.. I've seen the under the breath wimpering before, but not these kind of cries... Its almost the same cries she use to do when I first started going to work... So I'm wondering if shes THAT traumatized from being handed around & removed from her mother too early (I really don't know the whole truth about her, I'm only piecing bits of stories together & I have no idea if any of them are even true to begin with)...

She doesn't try to bite or anything when she does this when we wake her up. I hope this is just normal, & not night puppy terrors... I had night terrors when I was young & I know how scary they are while asleep.