Saturday was a beutiful day in Chicago. I left the door from our bedroom to the screen porch open so Edwina could go out there and nap. When I returned home she hadn't so I picked her up and carried her there. As I put her down I realized we weren't alone.

As the porch is built over another room it has two small openings by the floor for water run off. A bird had gotten in and was unable to get back out. It was franically flying from side to side -- and now Edwina was equally frantic in her chase. I pondered what to do. Edwina offered a suggestion. I could just leave her out there a while.....

I put Edwina in the house and got a screw driver. But the screws were too tight. I found the power screw driver but couldn't find the power pack. I called my husband who was out riding..."I'll be home in a few minutes," he said.

The Bird

It took a while as he too had trouble finding a screw with screw that would come out. Meanwile, Edwina supervised from in the house.

Just as my husband found the right screen and began taking out those screws....the bird found the opening again and flew away.

Poor Edwina... where did he go momma????

Will he be back???

And poor me...I had to clean up after the bird!