Got this letter from my vet:

Thought you all might be interested in this. Here's what my vet's office has to say, in part:

"For the past six months our doctors have been researching the different diets on the market. They have determined that the diets manufactured by Purina are superior as nutritional therapy. For this reason, we have decided to carry and recommend the full line of Purina Veterinary Diets. We think this will benefit your pet and you in several ways:

1. Studies show that most pets prefer the taste of the Purina diets. In addition to researching the palatability, we have tested the new foods on a number of patients with excellent results. As you know, even the best diet won't do any good if the pet won't eat it. We can assist you with recommendations to help your dog or cat make the transition to the new food.

2. It is our belief that the nutritional content and effectiveness of the diets is an improvement over Hill's Prescription Diets. Many of the diets are lower in fat and there are patented formulas, specifically designed for food allergies and feline diabetes, which have proven to have advantages in managing these challenging conditions.

3. With very few exceptions the Purina diets can cost less per pound.

For these reasons, we have begun dispensing this type of therapy. We are confident that this change represents better medical practice for your pet."

Please understand that I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything. I just thought that you might find it interesting what my vet's office has to say on the subject.