I work at a doggy daycare. One of my favorite dogs is named Tehya and she's supposedly a "native american indian dog"....I think she's half coyote. She has a reputation as a real behavior problem dog. I have felt a real strong connection with her since my first day (only a couple months ago) and I look forward to wednesday's and fridays because I get to see her and arrow (her brother). She has always responded to my commands and only on a handful of occassions have I had to break up fights between her and other dogs.

Today while under my supervision she attacked Darby (a pit bull) and I broke it up. I grabbed her hind legs and pulled her towards me. She always goes into a top crate so I picked her up. I was walking her towards the crate when she bit my arm. It didn't break the skin but I have a bruise forming about 2 inches in diameter. I also have teeth marks on my bicep which I don't remember being inflicted. I wrote on the board that Tehya had bit me and she needed to be rotated with Darby so they both weren't on the floor at the same time.

While I was in a different room (Ruff City...home of the big dogs), Tehya attacked Darby and was trying to inflict serious harm. I overheard my co-workers talking about it but I was unaware how serious it was.

Teyha has been asked to leave the daycare and i won't be able to see her anymore. At the end of my shift my boss told me and I was really upset. Everyone at work knows how much I like Teyha and Arrow and I feel like I've lost a friend. I went and said good bye to her but it seemed so unreal. I'll never see her again. This morning when I greeted her I had no idea it would be our last day together. I'm heartbroken. I'm honestly grieving over this.