Thread: Found Dog... Ruby's Been ADOPTED!

Threaded View

Found Dog... Update on post 41

When I was walking the dogs this afternoon along the golf course, I saw a SKINNY very frightened dog in the fenced-in maintenance area. I gave her the few cookies I had in my pocket and went to the golf club reception. They made a few calls to the maintenance man, and found our he has been giving her scraps for the last few days, and must have got closed in when he went home from work. I told them I would take her without thinking it through. They can't get into the compound until tomorrow morning, and I said I would pick her up at 8 am.

All I know she is very timid, and has been loose around the golf course a couple of days.

I went home and got dog kibble, water, and sliced turkey. She was so happy to have food, I don't know when she had the last proper meal, I can see all of her ribs and count the vertebrae in her spine. I feel sick with worry now, and I would love to take her in permanently, but I am struggling financially now, and having another dog would be a strain, but I feel so guilty. The non-kill shelter is full to capacity, and I can't leave her at the government one. This dog will not be adopted there.

I am going to pick her up tomorrow morning and keep her in the basement until I finish work tomorrow afternoon, then consider my options. I don't know why I am posting this, I just need someone sympathetic to vent to, and I certainly wont get it from my friends or family.
    Last edited by jackie; 01-12-2008 at 04:41 AM.