I saw a police car out front this morning and just found out that our neighbor two doors down was robbed two days ago. The thieves broke in and got jewelry, etc. Our next door neighbor's house had pry bar marks on their door but they didn't manage to get in. We have an alarm system and have a sign posted outside to alert anyone thinking of coming here to forget it. I am so thankful that nothing was attempted here.

Several years ago there was a series of burglaries in our neighborhood between the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas (that's why we got the alarm system). Here we go again. They were teens apparently and were breaking in for drugs or things to sell to get drugs and were eventually caught. Apparently their mother was in on it as she is also a *druggie.*

Our neighborhood is a nice one - middle class, etc. Everyone, just be careful when you are away over the holidays and come home to a dark house, etc. Thankfully lots of PTers have dogs that function as little miniature alarm systems. I do doubt, though, that Bella and Ripley would be any help at all in an attempted break-in.