Quote Originally Posted by carole
tell me ChrisH and Kari what was it you disliked about it.?

well, I don't remember to be honest with you, I only saw it once and it was in the theater when it first came out. I think I remember thinking it was just too drawn out and predictable, maybe. I don't think I liked Nicole Kidman's portrayal, even though I remember enjoying Jude Law's acting. I think I just thought the overall feeling was hokey. But, maybe I am just thinking about the generic responses I have to a lot of films that don't catch my attention. Like I said, it's been awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
Kari, I also like Lost In Translation. Good movie.
I know it, it's one of my favorites. Just how simple and complicated and heartfelt and sad and beautiful it is. I love how Coppola depicted Tokyo, and, I really liked the karaoke scene where they were each singing, and, it was cool that they were actually singing, and, not all that awesome at it. The whole thing was just so natural, and, the scenes where Murray's trying to communicate with the Japanese director and the photographer asking him to imitate all the old movie stars, it's so funny and sad at the same time. The most outright funny part, though, is the stairmaster thing, oh man. Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
i'm going to go watch elizabethtown
Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my very favorites, but, I never spell his name correctly! Be sure to tell us what you thought of the film, it's one I'm interested in seeing...it's funny, as a kid I remember having a penpal once who lived in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I don't remember her name, but, I remember she had a cute little dog named Trouble. Typical of me to remember the dog's name, but, not hers! I remember we could choose any town, and, somehow we got a penpal from the town we chose. And, I chose that particular town because my mother's name is Elizabeth.