Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!!!

Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!!!

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GROVER!!!!!

One year ago today, my daughter brought me a box, with a tiny kitten inside. We didn’t know her age. I didn’t ever know if she was a boy or a girl. I could tell she had just opened her eyes, and was still supposed to be nursing her mother.

Some boys that went to school with my daughter had found her in an old car at the mechanic’s shop. They brought her in and started playing football with her. They would kick her and from what I was told, she was actually sailing through the air like a football. They kept kicking her, and finally one of the boys thought she was dead. He threw her into the trash. My daughter and a friend of hers just happened to come over to see her in the trash. They could see she was still breathing, so they took her out and took her to the bathroom and cleaned the oil and grease off of her. They had to clean the blood off her little nose.

They decided to put her in a tissue box, and then into a larger box. Then they had to decide what they were going to do with her. My daughter wanted to bring her home to me. I had been wanting another cat ever since my Pyewackett passed on the previous year. She really had to do some talking and arguing with the teachers, to be able to keep the kitten in class with her.

When she drove up to the house, my husband and I were standing on the porch. We saw her get out with this box in her arms. My husband didn’t like the looks of that, and I kind of figured she had brought me a kitten. I just didn’t know it was that young! When I saw her I thought, “What am I going to do with her, I have no milk for her.’’ I started a search on the Internet, to try to find a good formula I could mix for her. As I read more and more, I decided that I needed to visit the vet and see about some kitten formula.

She did so well. I fell in love with little Grover (named, of course, after the Sesame Street character my grandchildren loved. Since she came out of a trash can, what better name for her than Grover?) The day she came into my life was the best day! You see, she was a Mother's Day present to me from my daughter. It was an early present, but by far the best I could ever have asked for. A gift of love!

She got me through a broken foot. When I had to be off my feet, she was there to keep me company. I have watched her grow, and turn into such a beautiful Tortie. How I love her. She means so much to me, and makes my life bearable.

Here is Grover last year on Easter:

Grover sleeping:

More coming!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Grover in the hat!!

Grover in another hat!

Some newer pictures of Grover:

Thats all for now.

Oops forgot to resize one of the pictures!! Sorry, I'll try to resize it later.

Wow!

That is an incredible story, amazing how cruelty and tragedy can end with love! Grover is a beautiful, beautiful lady with incredible markings and you are both so lucky to have found each other.

HAPPY GOTCHYA DAY GROVER!!

(Love the name "Grover" by the way, it's cute!)

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

What a wonderful story I'm so glad she found a loving home in the end.
    Grover is just gorgeous!!! and SO CUTE! I love that pic of her sleeping on your legs.

Happy Gotcha Day Grover!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Happy gotcha day to one of my favorite little PT girls! You are such a special little girl. Now, go climb some walls and have yourself a special day!

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Grover...we love you!

Happy Gotcha Day Grover....you are in a place where you are truly loved. You are our Cat of the Day everyday!
    love,
    Willie Pete and the rest of the Tribe!
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Happy gotcha day, sweet Grover!!

What a rough start little Grover had. How sad that anyone can treat a sweet little kitten like that! Shame on those boys!!!

I'm so glad Grover found a loving family who takes the time to care and love her as she SO deserves!

Grover, have fun today, and the rest of your life, I hope you get tons of treats and cuddles!

Btw, did I ever tell you that grover looks a lot like Fister's mom!

We're sending gentle headbumpies, scritchies and kisses to you! Be safe and happy!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!

The story of Grover is my very favorite rescue story and I tell it to everyone!! She is SUCH a cutie pie now!! It is so nice to see her baby pictures again Willie

Happy Gotcha Grover!

Thank you Wolfie!

Happy Gotcha Day Grover!!!

I'm so happy you were found by such a great girl and brought home to the best meowmy ever. You were such an adorable little cutie pie when you were so tiny, and you have most certainly grown into the most beautiful young lady.

I know you'll get all sorts of extra attention and treats today, so revel in it all because you certainly deserve it!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Happy Gotcha Day Grover! You're one special little girl!

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Happy Gotcha Day sweet Grover! It's a day to celebrate with extra treats and extra lovies to and from your meowmie. Such a special tortie girl!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh Grover, I'm so sorry I missed your special day yesterday. What a rough start you had in life and I see it did not take you long to realize that not all huumans are stupid. Congratulations Willie on rescuing Grover and introducing her to us.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Happy gotcha Day , from The found cats , and we all love the beefore , and after , as Grover is a Hottie!Found Cats Salute Grover , and Her Guardians!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS