Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWWW Gemini's 1st pic

Hybrid View

AWWW Gemini's 1st pic

hey my 1 yr old cat is pregnant i need to know..........

how long is she going to be pregnant

what will happen when she is ready to deliver

and other IMPORTANT INFO

please helpp
    Last edited by babychicaleek; 12-17-2005 at 03:20 PM.

I'll be the first to say it: you should have spayed her 6 months ago, and you'd not be worrying about this now. I don't know anything about you, your cat, or financial situation, but spays are inexpensive and often free.

Sorry to sound blunt and rough. I volunteer for a cat rescue and foster kittens in my own home at my own expense.... and it irritates me that somebody doesn't take the time to care enough about their cat to spay her. Then it irritates me that once she is pregnant they know nothing about what to do. I'll tell you what to do: GET HER TO A VET! She needs prenatal care just as a human does, and the vet will help you prepare for the kittens' arrival.

kinda rude...................

1st of all my 'pregnant cat' got like that by this cat we thot wus a girl but it was a boy so it was a mistake

Well said, Catnapper.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If all the cats were neutered/spayed that wouldn't happen.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by babychicaleek
    1st of all my 'pregnant cat' got like that by this cat we thot wus a girl but it was a boy so it was a mistake
    I'm sorry but..... HOW can you mistake a 'male' cat for a 'female'?? There are significant indicators... not very easily mistaken, at all.

And besides just because you thought you had two females does not cover up the fact that they still should have been spayed!!

But oh well, its too late for that now as she's already pregnant. Have you tried searching google for information on feline pregnancies??

facebook

A cat's pregnancy goes for 62-65 days. Keep your cat indoors and feed her canned and dry kitten food for nutrition. She needs all the vitamins and minerals she can get at this point.

Get her to a vet, please. He'll be able to explain it much better to you. Once the kittens are weaned, please...

HAVE HER SPAYED!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Once the kittens are weaned, please...

HAVE HER SPAYED!!!!
    And the kittens, too, if you plan on giving them away to good homes!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    A cat's pregnancy goes for 62-65 days. Keep your cat indoors and feed her canned and dry kitten food for nutrition. She needs all the vitamins and minerals she can get at this point.

Get her to a vet, please. He'll be able to explain it much better to you. Once the kittens are weaned, please...

HAVE HER SPAYED!!!!
    Thank you soooooooooo much for just telling me the info INSTEAD of telling me what a BAD owner i am

ps i'm not an adult

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    I'm sorry but..... HOW can you mistake a 'male' cat for a 'female'?? There are significant indicators... not very easily mistaken, at all.

And besides just because you thought you had two females does not cover up the fact that they still should have been spayed!!
    Not only that but the vet should of been able to tell too. After all when you get a cat (or 2) you should take them to the vets right away to have them tested for leuk & fiv (god I hope the 2 cats are negative, it'd really stink if the kittens have one or both of those horrible diseases) and get them their vaccines & a general check up.

I strongly suggest you get them to a vet, at least to have the mom & dad checked for luek & fiv.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Well I think you have been offered excellent advice here, so please do take it, and get your kitty checked by a vet and have her spayed as soon as possible after the kittens are born, I hope you can find homes for these kittens, there are far too many unwanted kittens in shelters, wandering and becoming feral, and this whole thing could be avoided if only people would de-sex their pets as soon as they are old enough.

It is hard to be sympathetic, especially as of now I am dealing with a person in my neighbourhood who just lets her cats continually breed sick and feral kittens, I hope that you are going to be more responsible and do the right thing here, having said that well kitty is pregnant so take all the advice, act upon it and give mama and her babies the best chance possible ok.

I gather you are only young, so really this post is directed at your parents.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by babychicaleek
    Oh my! No, it was not kinda rude - the truth is what it is. and sometimes the only way to get through to people with excuses as to why their cat is pregnant is to hit them with the unsugar-coated truth. As expected, you gave me an excuse as to how your cat got pregnant. I don't care if a thief came in with a pack of male cats that impregnated her. The matter is your cat is pregnant because YOU did not do the proper thing as an owner and spay your cat.

Secondly, I have no idea how you could mistake an un-nuetered male for a female. The older they get, the more prominent certain "features" become.

Thirdly, if you had them checked by a vet, and altered at 6 months old, you wouldn't have had this issue.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    http://st15.startlogic.com/~justonel/accidental.html
    http://www.petrescue.com/library/free-pet.htm
    http://www.borntodiepets.com/
    http://www.itsmeowornever.org/homeless.html
    http://www.snapus.org/site/PageServe...4w1i65q1.app2a
    http://friendsofanimals.org/
    Above are multiple reasons why your pets should be spayed and neutered, and below is what you may need to know if the mom cat dies giving birth, or neglects the litter. Be prepared, and please be more responsible!
    http://www.petcaretips.net/orphaned_kitten_care.html
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

OK Hope I don't sound judgemental here but IF every cat was spayed then there would be all extinct

Clare...the domestic cat will never become extinct from responsible owners spaying and neutering....first reason is because there will always be irresponsible pet owners, second, there will unfortunately always be strays.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!