Thread: Are You Superstitious?

Hybrid View

Are You Superstitious?

I was visiting Alex's birthday page in Dog General and there was a link to a site to buy dog gifts. Turns out, they send out free edible birthday cards for your dog on their birthday. So, I had just gotten through filling it out for Duke. His is in April so he won't get it until next year. Then I began thinking that I hoped I hadn't just jinxed him. He's 11 and plenty spry still but that thought was in the back of my mind and I know it's probably silly but it's still there. Imagine how I would feel getting that card and him not being there. Why do I do this to myself? Does anyone else do things like this, too?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Yes! EVERYTIME I get excited about a job opportunity and tell someone else, or ask for luck, I end up losing out on the job and feel as if I jinxed myself!

I did the same thing while dating. When time came and I met hubby, I was bound and determined to not let anyone know how special he was to me! Of course, it POURED on our wedding day... so what does that say about my superstitious nature? I say wedding day rain is a sign of good luck and so far have been right. Oh no... did I just jinx my good marriage?

Yes! I am!

Call me weird but...

My brother was going to take a shower this morning before the bus came, and I was gonna say "Hurry" but then I though... what if he hurried and got hurt? I know lots of people have gotten hurt in bathrooms. So then I decided I was going to say "but be careful" and then I was like...that would sound weird. So I just decided to say nothing lol.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Whenever hubby leaves the house, I have to hug and kiss him and say "be careful!" I sometimes try not to do the careful part...but I CAN'T!! I have to say it!! Dumb I know!

When my kids were still at home I did the same thing except they would stop me and say "I know mom!!!" so I would say it under my breath anyway

He he sometimes i am... i was a little nerveous being on the thirteenth floor of the disneyland hotel after the whole tower of terror thing...LOL........ buh buh bum!

I tell my hubby the same thing when he goes out, Debbie lol. He gets the look sometimes but knows I mean well. Most of the time he is working with stuff that can hurt him *cars and such* so I always have to let him know not to get careless!

Otherwise, I tend not to jinx myself. But thinking negative thoughts can have a HUGE impact on how things go, I've noticed. So I try *I fail sometimes I admit lol* to be happy about everything and to not let stuff get me down It works!

I don't know if it's being superstitious, but every time I leave in the morning for work I make sure to tell Dick "I love you". Seems more important to make sure my whole family knows that I do love them, just in case something would happen to me or to them. Have lost my parents - both quite early (44 and 59) and I think it's important that everyone know even if they think I'm silly.

I don't consider myself superstitious at all. I can't leave the house without kissing Justin and telling him that I love him, but we do that out of love not superstition.

I work with a girl who is beyond superstitious, she's about crazy. She won't leave her house if there is a full moon. She thinks big foot is real and lives in Canada. She is deathly afraid of Freddy Cruiger (sp). She is afraid of halloween and black cats. And ohh the list goes on and on, it seems everyday there is something new.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

That girl at work sounds very strange. Glad I'm nothing like that! Wouldn't want to step out of the house.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Yes, I guess I am.

I was just thinking about Tuesday being the 3 year mark since Keisha went to the RB and how happy that I was that Angus had made it 3 more years and was doing so well.
    Then yesterday he stared feeling really bad, throwing up and not at all himself. It makes me really scared. I hope I don't loose my boy

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I know exactly how you feel! And we're all praying for him. I'm here at work now and getting leaky eyes worrying about him. I know how special Duke is to me so I know how you feel. Please let us know what the vet says.....

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Thanks Val

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets