Thread: When did you know you loved cats?

Hybrid View

When did you know you loved cats?

I was 5 years old and down the street lived a Siamese cat. Smart yes she was. She chased anyone who got near her property even when they
    were using the sidewalk. She would chase me and as soon I was just a smidge away from her property she stopped chasing me. Juney was her name and she was a medium sized cat. I knew then and there I wanted a cat. I admired her how smart she was.

I was 30 years old (almost a life time ago), when I adopted my first cat. Even though I didn't know anything about cats, I was hooked immediately.
    The rest is history. I couldn't imagine life without those magical creatures.

cats 4 ever

Yes there's something about a cat you just know and hooked with lots of love and being your best friend.

I'm not quite sure how old I was, but probably 4-5 years old. I had a dinner plate with kitties on and I remember wanting a kitty in my childhood. I wasn't allowed to have one.

In my late teens, a friend of mine was moving and had two budgies he wanted to get rid of, so my parents got those - and enjoyed them very much.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Pretty sure I was born loving kitties, cannot remember a time I did not. My big sister was allergic to them - was hospitalized with pneumonia because of it before I was even born, so I knew I couldn't have one, but I loved them and loved on them every chance I got!

Alas, when I was 12, I became allergic to them as well, but I do still adore tham!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    The first cat I ever met was my grandmothers cat Blackie, he was very black and a bit of a dark bugger. I was 5,tried to pet him once and he scratched me, had a scar for yrs. that finally faded. HE loathed everyone but Granny. She fed him raw eggs and canned food. He killed my chick and two baby bunnys. For some reason I have always loved cats since.... weird eh. Never met a cat that vile since.